Thursday 23 April 2009

A New Home


Didn't have a lot of time to post a message yesterday but I thought I would today as I have finally moved into my 'new room'. Whatever construction and running repairs the school were doing has been completed so I have finally been able to unpack my bag which might start to help me settle in a little better and not just feel like I am on holiday.

I spent most of the evening yesterday unpacking and moving stuff around. As you might expect, the room isn't exactly spacious but it has a full size bathroom with tub and also a wardrobe and a computer desk which the other one never had. I also have a TV now which is cool as I discovered that they show English films quite often on there and also sports so I can keep up with the NBA and if I decide to get up at a ridiculous time, the Premiership!

I've had a decent two days of teaching too. I set a test for my 3pm class which they did reasonably on and as its friday and I'm feeling in a good mood I'm going to try something different tomorrow and we are going to play some games and I'm going to play them some music and let them try and fill in worksheets with some of the lyrics missing. Kevin told me he tried it with one of his classes and they were quite into it so we'll see how that goes down.

We went back to the sushi place for a second time this evening and it was really lovely as the original time we stumbled upon it. Even more excitingly, when I got back I had my first cup of tea in a week and a half! It tasted great, even if I did have to boil water on the hob instead of in a kettle!

I'm not sure what we are doing this weekend but as usual the plan for tomorrow is to head to Ocha's for dinner and then head to NOW! bar for a few drinks in foreign company. Kevin has been in touch with another person from Suwon who is going to meet up with us for dinner and then head with us to NOW. Hopefully Charlie will decide to drop some Korean again on the driver this week! On Saturday we might head to the electronics district again in Seoul, hopefully this time it will be open.
I'm planning to go get a ball this weekend as well so I can actually do some exercise next week! I may even take a walk or get the bus to the Suwon 'Big Bird' World Cup stadium which is about twenty minutes away. Even though I'm sure the standard will be about as good as the Leaper Hare League I'd love to go watch a game there. Until I get paid and have some money I reckon that might be a bit of a pipe dream though!

Time to get planning tomorrows lessons I think, haven't got much else interesting to blog about. I've attached a few more pictures to this post of last Saturday's trip to Namyung and also of the state of my new room.

Oh, also my photo gallery is in the middle of construction. If you want to take a look at some early images (and ones I don't post in my blog). Click here to see the Korean world through my eyes!x

No comments:

Post a Comment