Monday 25 May 2009

Doing nothing, nowt and zero


Unfortunately I fear that for the first time my post weekend blog will be less than entertaining!

As the title suggests I haven't been up to anything of note over the weekend and the only reason I am writing this blog is because I doubt that I will now be doing anything until next week and I don't want to leave a massive gap between posts!

Despite original fears that it was going to pour down over the weekend it actually turned out to be quite bright and sunshiney. Which makes it even more annoying that I didn't do anything! Saturday evening was mostly spent playing on Alex's PS3 with Charlie which they travelled to Yungsan during the afternoon to buy. We played a few games of FIFA 09 then Charlie and I headed back to the Suwon statation area to grab some dinner.
I spent the rest of the evening messing around on the computer and playing on my Wii which did consume some time but is the kinda thing I don't need to be in Korea to do! I could have stayed in England and spent my saturday nights doing that!

On Sunday I woke up pretty early to watch basketball and after a little mid-morning snooze I got up and had some dinner before heading to GSIS for my game with Inter Suwon. After a weeks hiatus and some time to reflect on the 4-4 draw against Anyang two weeks ago we were missing quite a few players and had to make some wholesale changes to the team. I started on the right of midfield and we soon found ourselves 1-0 up thanks to the most blatent penalty of all time.

Unfortunately the lead didn't last long as one of our centre backs decided to be a goalscoring here - sadly he managed to scuff a clearance into his own net to make it 1-1. Later in the second half we took a 2-1 lead and it stayed that way until late into the second half (by which time I'd moved to right-back). We went 3-1 up with a header but were stunned in the last five minutes when their best player scored an absolute screamer. We managed to hold on to the final whistle for a 3-2 victory which probably should have been alot more if we'd have taken our chances and didn't insist on bringing on bad substitutes in the second half.

I believe we have just three games left in the season now and I'm hoping to get plenty more playing time before the season ends. After the game I headed back to the kinnex with some of the boys for a meal and some drinks. I met a few cool new people and we chatted for about three hours before I decided to head home. I was booked in for a skype chat with my mum at 9pm and it was nice to speak to her.

Desperate to actually do something me and Charlie watched 'We are Marshall' which I really enjoyed but missed the end of because I came back to my room to watch the final day of the Premiership season on MBC ESPN. It's obviously not the same as being at home but it's great to be able to keep up with the league, and not just through reading the BBC website. I reckon they will probably show the FA Cup final next weekend but after that it's going to be a long three months before the action returns! I guess I am going to have to take an interest in the K-League for a while!

Today has just been another regular work day. In kindergarten this morning we learnt about 'faces' and we made some wacky ones out of paper plates. The kids did a good job actually although as usual they needed my help to glue things on!
Between lessons I watched the end of the Cleveland and Orlando conference final game which was good and I also met Kevin's cousin who is staying in Korea for a few days.

It has been quite hot weather today so after work I decided to take a nice relaxing stroll round the lake and then sit and read my book for a little while, I'm trying to get hold of a copy of Match of the Day from last night so I can see the highlights of the games that I missed but it appears to be taking it's time!

Sorry it's not been a very interesting one but life can't always be fun can it! Not even in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment