Wednesday 20 May 2009

Another midweek blog about nothing!

Considering I used to update this thing almost everyday I felt that even though I don't really have much to say I should probably post another update about life in Korea!

It's pouring with rain today which isn't what I signed up for and over the weekend I think we are in for thunderstorms which is always good fun. I'm supposed to be going on a trip tomorrow with the KU class as well....to a nature park! Not going to see much nature except rain, puddles and mud at this rate!

The last couple of days at Talkster have been going fairly well, we've made some good progress in the morning class and the afternoon ones seem to be settling into a nice rhythm, one that usually involves doing very few pages in the book which always makes class a bit more interesting! My 5pm class of three have been merged with one of Kevin's classes now so next week I will be getting a new class. Should be interesting, and hopefully they are we well behaved as the students I just had. Somehow I doubt that.

Over the last couple of days I've been heading to the World Cup Park after class to kick the ball around for a bit and more often than not read my book. When I was kicking around there the other day some kids took an interest in my attempts to hit the crossbar from the half way line. Unlike the last bunch of people I befriended these kids were more like teenagers and had some pretty good English so I let them take some shots at me on Tuesday and yesterday. They agreed to meet me yesterday at 7pm and when I got there, there was like 15 of them instead of the four that I spoke to the night before. They'd obviously decided to turn up to see if the myth was true that they had actually communicated with someone from outside of Korea. In my usual way of being part-freakshow, part-exibit I spent about an hour and a half playing before I decided to head home from dinner.

I was going to head out there with them today but I guess the weather has put the curse on that one, I've got football training tonight at GSIS anyhow so hopefully the weather will hold off a little bit as that won't be the most fun in the rain.
My mum sent me a parcel the other day which was very kind of her, it arrive about 15 times faster than the postcard which took almost a month to get here and as well as a new card to replace the one that the cashpoint decided it wanted to keep, there was also some of the clothes I left behind, and probably most welcome of all, some chocolate! THANKS VERY MUCH MUM!

Just what I needed! One of my kids brought me chocolate for teachers day last week but they got eaten within the blink of an eye! Anyone else who wants to send me chocolate is more than welcome, I'd be glad to give out my address!

Anyhow, considering I haven't really been doing much this week, probably best to keep it short! Time to get back to class soon anyhow and I need to have my daily go on Guitar Hero on the DS before I get back to those little Rugrats! Barring anything interesting happening over the next two days I'll more than likely be updating after the weekend! Keep checking my photo gallery and video gallery in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment